I thought I'd use Porky's new architect builder mechanics to say a bit more about the fortress-town known as The Abode of Departure. Italicized quotes are from Porky's tables.
- The 1D6 Quantity roll is 3. That means that the architect had a middling number of completed projects.
- The 1D6 Quality roll is 5. That means that the architect had a reputation for excellence.
The 1D3-1 roll for the number of Strengths is 2.
- The first Strength is Connections - "circle of advisors, friends in high places, outstanding favours etc."
- The second Strength is Grasp of Local Physics - "quality of load-bearing forms, circulation, sanitation, etc."
- Again, we have Connections.
- A second Weakness roll is also Connections.
The optional 1D3-1 roll for the number of Other Motivations the roll is 2.
- The first result is "constructs 1d3 unrequested secret structures through non-Euclidian spaces". The 1D3 result for the number of secret structures is 3.
- The second result is "incorporates demolition mechanism - or similar - in case design ages badly"
We are going to sleep on all this data overnight, and possibly also consult some tables in Spears of the Dawn RPG. We'll be back with a narrative tomorrow, but in the meantime, suggestions are always welcome!