Monday, November 19, 2012

Tekumel Birthday Game

Photo c. 2012 John Everett Till
This past weekend was my second annual Tekumel Birthday Game. Brett Slocum, author of GURPS Tekumel, GMed for us for a second year. The players included Taylor Martin (front and center with the GWAR T-shirt), Eric Gilbertson (right), Bob Cook (left), Rachel Kronick (offscreen), and myself.

Last year, Brett used Guardians of Order's Tekumel: Empire of the Petal Throne for the game. This year, at my special request, Brett ran his Tekumel conversion of The Famtasy Trip, one of Steve Jackson's classic games from back in Metagaming days. The game worked well for Tekumel!

We played a group of Broken Reed clan members from the clanhouse in Jakalla. I'll leave it to Brett to share more about the scenario details (since he will be running a version of this at Con of the North in February), but rest assured that in our six hour adventure, we made some interesting discoveries about the rooms and endless corridors below our clanhouse!

Thanks to Brett for running such a great game, and to Taylor, Eric, Bob, and Rachel for being such great companions in adventure!

3 comments:

  1. I would love to do this more often, if folks are game. Quarterly has been proposed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really sounds wonderful!!! Let me know if I can help in any way, eh? -Chirine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chirine, thanks so much! I am really thankful that Brett and you have my nourished my lifelong interest in Tekumel and helped me learn the world. Our session also exposed to new players to the world of Tekumel. I like to think we are modeling the kind of gaming community we desire: welcoming of newcomers, respectful and fun! Tekumel with friends: the whole Fantasy Trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!