Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Iron Kingdoms RPG


Over breakfast this morning, I finally got a chance to start looking at the massive full color, brand new Iron Kingdoms RPG Core Rules just released by Privateer Press. I've always liked the world, but wasn't a big fan of the d20 system that was used with the original game. I am liking what I see so far, which has characters built around a career system which offers a LOT of choices.

Glossing the book also had me thinking a bit about the kinds of stories you could tell with it. The steamjacks - like the mech on the book cover - as well as the steam trains which crisscross the Iron Kingdoms landscape are all powered by coal. And they use a lot of it.

Which means there is a mining industry. Which means there is labor. Which means there is class struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!